Stay safe and healthy this holiday season with some sage advice from our professionals in the senior service industry.
· Scams. Each year the holiday season brings an increase in both online and telephone scams. Do not give out personal information unless you are absolutely sure whom you are talking with. Do not assume that because someone says they are from your bank, Microsoft, or Google that they are. If a call or warning says you need to do something immediately to protect your computer, do not believe it.
· Candles. If you are burning candles this time of year, please make sure you take extra precautions when leaving your home and do not leave them around any flammable materials.
· Financial Health. The end of the year is an ideal time to schedule an annual “financial checkup” to assess your current and future financial needs and set up a budget to help you stay on track.
· Driving. It’s the Holiday season so give yourself plenty of extra time to get your destination due to weather and traffic.
· Vaccines. The new Shingrix vaccine is in short supply but they hope to be able to provide seniors with this vaccine, that is 95% effective against Shingles, in 6-12 months. Check with your doctor regularly for your vaccine updates.
· Declutter Holiday celebrations can mean a lot of visiting family. Finding space for them can be a little bit tricky! Why not use the Holidays as a chance to declutter your house and let go of things you haven’t used in the past?
If you need any help accomplishing these Holiday tasks, please visit the experts at TASS for their impressive list of services. We are here to help you!
TASS Member Spotlight: CareOne at the Cupola
CareOne at The Cupola is a long-standing assisted living located in nearby Paramus, NJ. The Cupola prides itself on the longevity of its staff with over 30% of our staff working at The Cupola for more than 10 years. Our focus is on “Person Centered Care”. What does that mean? From therapy to day-to-day living, we focus on who the person was prior to moving in. We then develop a “Plan of Care” that shows who that person is and how we can bring out the best in them. For example, we had a gentleman who had a stroke and hadn’t golfed in over 3 years. We made that a part of his therapy plan. We worked with him in physical therapy, brought him to the PGA store for a simulated golf experience and then, finally, to a 9-hole golf course. We strive to meet all of our residents’ needs and expectations by working with each resident and their families by learning who they truly are.
Our community offers both assisted living and memory care with 24-hour nursing care, medication services and activities that are done here in the Community and exciting trips outside the community like Yankee games, monthly bowling and movie outings to boat rides down the Hudson River.
If you are looking for guidance on the best senior services in your area or just some friendly advice, TASS would be happy to help you and your family make the most informed decisions about future possibilities. These areas include healthcare, therapy, legal, accounting, financial, household and a variety of personal services. The fee for these services is based on each professional; however, some have special discounts for seniors! For a full list of available services, please visit our website at https://www.tassgroup.org/.Give us a call at 1-866-317-0777!